The WYO was originally built in 1923 as the Lotus, a vaudeville theater. The theater entertained Sheridan families for nearly 60 years with both live performances and films before closing its doors in 1982. For more WYO Theater History click here. Its future uncertain, the theater seemed destined to become just another main street memory.
Faced with the loss of this venerable landmark the citizens of Sheridan came together to rescue the building. Community leadership coupled with the generous gifts of time and money by individuals, businesses, and private foundations not only saved the theater, but renovated it to become an architectural centerpiece and important performing arts facility for downtown Sheridan.
Since reopening in 1989 as a road house, the WYO has brought countless hours of live entertainment, cultural enrichment, and educational opportunities to the greater Sheridan community.
WYO Theater is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media