Fort Bridger State Historic Site
Fort Bridger State Historic Site contains a group of well-preserved and maintained structures. Some restoration has been accomplished, including the 1884 barracks building, which now houses a museum. Crumbling ruins of the commissary building and the old guardhouse, both built in 1858, are visible. In better condition are the 1884 "new" guardhouse, the 1858 sentry box and officer's quarters. Also standing is the sutler's store, Pony Express stables, post office, a group of lesser buildings, and a portion of the wall constructed by the Mormons. The foundations of other buildings are marked. Interred in the cemetery are Bridger's daughter and Judge W. A. Carter, pioneer rancher in the area. Portions of the original fort grounds and some buildings are located on privately owned property outside the State-owned area.
Fort Bridger State Historic Site is not affiliated with AmericanTowns Media